Azores is providing a unique opportunity to create innovative science lessons take advantage of the uniqueness its natural cultural and natural heritage. Learn how you can use modern technology to take advantage of your local environment to create inspiring science lessons. This course is organised in the framework of the projects Open Schools for Open Societies, PLATON, ICAROS and others. It aims at engaging teachers in modern ways to motivate students to science careers while providing a unique experience for the participants in terms of meeting colleagues from other countries and visiting world heritage sites and exclusive natural sites
The main objective is to help teachers:
- Apply innovative methodologies such as Inquiry based learning
- Create the perfect environment, tailored to the needs of their students
- Prepare interdisciplinary lessons with the Big Ideas of Science
- Promote international collaborative projects
- Involve students in real research experiences
- Meet colleagues from different countries
- Use modern tools such as drones, raspberry Pi, robots to design exciting science projects for students.
- Creative Assessment
Science Topics addressed during the course:
Come join us in the unique environment of Terceira Island, home of the UNESCO worldwide heritage ‘Angra do Heroismo,’ place of unique beauty for its geology, biology and its people.
The course fee for Erasmus+ applicants is 70€/day. The course fee covers:
- All materials needed for the course
- Tuition fee for lectures, seminars and workshops